Simotics TN Motors
More power with the same frame size – this is the SIEMENS concept for low voltage three-phase motors. SIMOTICS Series TN is a motor series that has a lot going for it. The power rating of these motors above DIN 42673 is extremely progressive and lies significantly above the power rating of the previous series with unchanged frame size. Specifically: The power rating has been increased by 60 % in the surface-cooled version and another 30 % for the open-circuit ventilated versions and all of this means: The drive power has been doubled.
- Optimum efficiency and therefore lower operating costs.
- High power density and compact design result in a lower space requirement and lower weight.
- The grey caste iron frame and the bearing endshields are torsionally stiff and rugged. This means that they can be subject to extreme loads, vibration is significantly dampened and they are resistant to corrosion.
- The bearings are designed for the highest degree of reliability. In turn, this results in excellent vibrational behaviour, longer lifetime and lower service & maintenance costs.
- The DURIGNIT IR 2000 insulation system with VPI or current UV impregnation guarantees a high degree of reliability, a long lifetime and a high load capability e.g. when accelerating or under overload conditions.